Cornwall CLT Limited is a charitable Community Benefit Society registered by The Financial Conduct Authority under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965 (Register No. 30200R).
The Trust was formed in 2007 for the benefit of the community of Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and the surrounding area. Its objects include activities for:
“…the relief of poverty through the provision of housing, accommodation and amenities”.
Cornwall CLT Limited is committed to achieving as wide a shareholding membership as possible in order to enhance its accountability to the local community. The Community Land Trust is controlled by a Board which is drawn from and elected by the shareholding members.
WHO CAN BE A MEMBER?
- Any properly constituted local Community Land Trust (CLT) in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, subject to the total number of shareholding local CLT members not exceeding 33% of the total membership
- Nominees of bodies such as Cornwall Rural Community Charity, Registered Providers, Cornwall Council, etc.
- Any individual over the age of 18 living or working in Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly who can demonstrate a commitment to promoting the objects of the Trust.
- A person under the age of 18;
- A person who has been expelled as a member, unless authorised by special resolution at a general meeting.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I BECOME A MEMBER?
WHAT IS THE COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD?
- Local CLT’s - representation not to exceed one third of total Board Membership.
- Cornwall Council - one Board Member
- Cornwall Rural Community Charity - one Board Member
- Others, including individuals
2 Princes Street